Multiple actions have been taken by our government, various NGOs and individuals , yet we still are losing the game.
Now it is the time to come out and join hands in a mass effort towards conservation of our rivers.
Ganga alone supports 2000 aquatic species including the threatened species like bottle nose dolphin and garhial. Destruction of their habitat will result in extinction of such species.
Bottle nosed dolphin in Ganga river
We at “Blue initiatives” are organizing a massive river cleanup on 7th June 2020. Our objective is to make river free from plastic and others pollutants so that Sustainable Development Goal: Life Below the water can be achieved.
What You Can Do?
2. Promote your cleanup on social media , attract more and more people!!
3. Invite reporters and bloggers to attend.
4. Make small teams according to the size of the site which will be managed by individual team leaders.
5. Decide whether the cleaning will be on shore or you need boats. If your group will be boating—make sure to have safe “put in” and “take out” locations.
6. All the volunteers should be equipped with safety gloves, masks and water boots to ensure safety.
7. To segregate waste , provide proper disposal units. Hazardous and infectious wastes should be handled with care.
8. Find the nearest waste management unit and look for sponsors who would transport trash to the recycling/ waste disposal units.
9. Every single effort matters thus send us your pictures !!!
Stuck at home? Here's how you can help!
2. https://sandrp.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/endangered_riverine_biodiversity_india_nov2012 .pdf